Hey there, everyone! Today I have special post featuring top ten Schledia Benefield's favorite characters from books or movies. Schledia is the author of Wildflowers, a Young Adult novel about young love and family drama. This post is part of Pub Day Book Blast hosted by GWR publicity, you can check the post HERE, which I posted yesterday. Don't forget to enter the giveaway and win $50 Amazon GC in celebrating the release of Wildflowers. Read on, to know her favorites. :)
To begin, I’d like to thank Izz for inviting me to share my favorite characters with you all.
When asked to list my top ten favorite characters from books or movies, five names of classic characters and five names of modern characters rushed to my mind.
When it comes to characters in classic literature, the list is as follows:
- Emily Bronte’s Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights is my favorite. His tortured spirit, rough nature, and harsh temperament meld into a character that is not easily forgotten. I feel for him and his plight.
- Jane Austen’s Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice runs close behind Heathcliff in my heart. Everything about him, including his flaws, made me desire to be a part of his world.
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings is another of my favorites from the book as well as the movie. I was very pleased with the choice of actor to play his part.
- William Shakespeare’s Desdemona from Othello is my favorite female character from classic works. The tragic love story between Desdemona and Othello had me in tears.
- Homer’s Paris from The Iliad was another name that quickly came to mind. In case you haven’t already picked up on a pattern here, I’m a sucker for beautiful, tragic love stories. Paris and Helen’s love brought great tragedy to Troy.
In modern literature, this is my list:
- Aster McGrath, the main character in my novel Wildflowers is by far my favorite modern character. Some may be wondering how I can list one of my own characters in this place, but I am merely being honest. I fell in love with him as I created him. He is truly my favorite of my writings as well as the other novels I have read.
- Stephenie Meyer’s Edward Cullen from Twilight is another favorite. The way that his love for Bella helps him to overcome his nature and desire for her blood is beautiful to me; he embodies how love overcomes all forms of evil.
- K.B. Hoyle’s Tellius from The Gateway Chronicles ranks among my favorites. Throughout the series, I have watched him grow and fall in love with Darcy Pennington. His troubled past combined with the weight of his responsibilities as future King of Alitheia creates a character I grew to love.
- Nicholas Sparks’s Logan Thibault from The Lucky One is another favorite. I love how he is so captivated by a simple picture that he seeks her out.
- Suzanne Collins’s Peeta from The Hunger Games also comes to mind. The way he loves Katniss and resigns himself to having to die so that she may live gripped my heart.
Well, there they are, my top ten favorite characters. All of them come from reading the books, but I love the ones that have been made into movies as well. I have two different versions of Wuthering Heights. In my opinion BBC’s version of Pride and Prejudice surpasses all other versions. I hope to one day see Wildflowers as well as The Gateway Chronicles made into movies to add to my collection, but no matter how many books are made into movies, I will always pick up my copy of the book and get lost within the pages.
Thank you, Schledia, for sharing your favorite characters with us. So readers, are they your favorites too or do you have another names in mind? You can share yours by leaving a comment below. :)
Don't forget to enter the giveaway:
Don't forget to enter the giveaway: